September 12th, 2012
by Katrina Brooke
One of our most popular Love and Logic@ audios, teaches a very special type of love. It’s the type that allows our kids to struggle…lets them work through their trials…and guides them toward independence instead of insecurity.
This love can be expressed daily by:
- Allowing kids to wrestle with tying their shoes…instead of automatically jumping in and doing it for them.
- Letting them dress themselves…even if the clothes they choose don’t match.
- Teaching them how to talk to their teachers about problems at school…rather than always doing it for them.
- Expecting that they speak up and order meals for themselves…instead of ordering for them.
- Having them call the insurance company and arrange for their own car insurance…instead of doing it all for them.
- Letting them do most of the work required to fill out their college applications…rather than preparing all of the paperwork for them.
- Remembering that the more things they learn to do for themselves, the stronger and more confident they will become!