Toddler & Preschool Programs
The mission of The Shyne School is to provide a place for children, their families, and teachers to come together and build a sense of community where everyone belongs. Children are supported while learning and growing in all areas of development. Social, emotional, cognitive, creative, and physical development are all equally important.
We strive to provide opportunities and guidance for children to develop critical thinking skills about others, their environment, and the world around them. We support families by offering flexible, safe, and affordable learning programs that exceed their expectations and state requirements. We are a level 3 Early Achievers School Providing an elevated level of quality.
The Shyne School is in Woodinville, Washington; about one mile south of Redmond city limits, on Avondale Road. We are in Woodinville, and convenient for Redmond and surrounding areas like Kirkland, Duvall, Monroe, Bothell, etc.
WE BUILD SUPPORT BY:
- Low turnover of caring, professional staff (degrees in ECE) who serve as a resource and offer support to children and families through daily communication and parent conferences.
- Homey classrooms in a picturesque, wooded setting.
- Toddler and Preschool programs for the whole child.
- Low child to teacher ratio for waddlers and toddlers.
- Understanding that children learn through play and investigation.
- Finding out what the child is interested in, observing what they know, and helping them expand on that knowledge.
- Providing safe and secure learning environments where children learn and grow into capable individuals.
- Hosting enrichment classes on site.
- Offering families year-round learning programs, documented using Teaching Strategies Gold
- Providing School-age transportation to local elementary schools K & first graders.
- Having learning programs for children 12 months to 5 years of age and childcare for 5 to 6+ year old’s.
- Providing flexibility for family schedules and individual children.
- Having annual family events and community projects throughout the year.
NOTE FROM THE DIRECTOR
Hello, I am Katrina Brooke, Director of The Shyne School. We have been providing educational, play focused programs for young children for more than 40 years. At the Shyne School, we believe you must plan your curriculum around the whole child and that all areas of development (social / emotional, cognitive, creative, and physical) hold equal importance. Children love all the hands-on activities we provide. While parents appreciate the healthy home cooked meals and the flexibility, we offer three daily schedules and part or full week options for families.
I am immensely proud of my wonderful, dedicated teachers, they are the heart of our school. They work together as a team, so the children know all the teachers, not just their own. The teachers do a fantastic job of observing the children and providing activities that show an interest in and extending their play. The staff also collect documentation, fill out developmental screenings and track how students are doing in all areas of development so they can meet individual and group learning goals. Parents receive individual reports for their child and teachers meet with parents for conferences. Parent communication is especially important to us, we email lesson plans weekly, so parents understand what their child is learning.
** We are open Monday to Friday 7:00 AM to 5:30 PM**