Toddler & Preschool Programs
The mission of The Shyne School is to provide a place for children, their families, and teachers to come together and build a sense of community were everyone belongs. Children are supported while learning and growing in all areas of development. Social, emotional, cognitive, creative and physical developments are all of equal importance.
We strive to provide opportunities and guidance for children to develop critical thinking skills about others, their environment and the world around them. We support families by offering flexible, safe and affordable learning programs that exceed their expectations and state requirements. We are a level 3 Early Achievers School Providing a high level of quality.
The Shyne School is located in Woodinville, Washington; just about 1 mile south of Redmond city limits, on Avondale Road. We are located in Woodinville, and convenient for Redmond and surrounding areas like Kirkland, Duvall, Monroe, Bothell, etc.
WE BUILD SUPPORT BY:
- Low turn over of caring, professional staff (degrees in ECE) who serve as a resource and offer support to children and families through daily communication and parent conferences.
- Homey classrooms in a picturesque wooded setting.
- Toddler and Preschool programs for the whole child.
- Low child to teacher ratio for waddlers and toddlers.
- Understanding that children learn through play and investigation.
- Finding out what the child is interested in, observing what they know, and helping them expand on that knowledge.
- Providing safe and secure learning environments where children learn and grow into capable individuals.
- Hosting enrichment classes on site.
- Offering families year round learning programs, documented using Teaching Strategies Gold
- Providing School-age transportation to local elementary schools K & 1st graders.
- Having learning programs for children 12 months to 5 years of age and child care for 5 to 6+ year olds.
- Providing flexibility for family schedules and individual children.
- Having annual family events and community projects throughout the year.
NOTE FROM THE DIRECTOR
Hello, I am Katrina Brooke, Director of The Shyne School. We have been providing educational, play focused programs for young children for more than 40 years. At the Shyne School, we believe you have to plan your curriculum around the whole child and that all areas of development (social / emotional, cognitive, creative and physical) hold equal importance. Children love all the hands on activities we provide. While parents appreciate the healthy home cooked meals and the flexibility we offer with three daily schedules and part or full week options for families.
I am very proud of my wonderful, dedicated teachers, they are the heart of our school. They work together as a team so the children know all the teachers, not just their own. The teachers do a great job of observing the children and providing activities that show an interest in and extending their play. The staff also collect documentation, fill out developmental screenings and track how students are doing in all areas of development so they can meet individual and group learning goals. Parent receive individual reports for their child and teachers meet with parents for conferences. Parent communication is very important to us, we email lesson plans weekly so parents understand what their child is learning.
You can reach me at The Shyne School at (425)882-1981 or firstname.lastname@example.org View the enrollment page for openings and Registration page for steps to get on the waiting list if we are full.
Shyne Covid Policy Feb 2021