View our current Menu as well as a few past…
Menu June 7 to 18, 2021
Menu May 24 to June 4, 2021
Menu May 10 to 21, 2021
Menu April 26 to May 7 2021
Menu April 12 to 23, 2021
Menu March 29 to April 9, 2021
Menu March 15 to 26, 2021
Menu March 1 to 12, 2021
A FUNNY TIKTOK OF A DAY CARE COOK: https://www.tiktok.com/@quickballs/video/6936263910345542918?_d=secCgYIASAHKAESMgowqU02FAcppXQb2TLHtuE5N%2BfIPibBb7AAPkVRhRytAokED9wgS2CGAnpele0IkN0hGgA%3D&enable_clips=1&language=en&preview_pb=0&sec_user_id=MS4wLjABAAAAQEXmNcY0KO2S2pIL01gyUK1Ilx1MF-HV9QX9aNZs2wlZj7VuXH_zpMN4czLJwVr6&share_app_id=1233&share_item_id=6936263910345542918&share_link_id=B0F35E78-F559-4F1A-A6A9-CCB0FA0CA4F2&source=h5_m×tamp=1620417543&tt_from=sms&u_code=d10j9e2dkc54d5&user_id=6575191748913168390&utm_campaign=client_share&utm_medium=ios&utm_source=sms&_r=1&is_copy_url=0&is_from_webapp=v1&sender_device=pc&sender_web_id=6970013081464866310
DUE COVID CHILDREN ARE SERVED AN INDIVIDUAL MEAL AND ARE NOT SERVING THEMSELVES AT THIS TIME.
Prudence Alexander (Cook/Afternoon School Age) since July 2006
Cook 10:00-2:00, (8:30 pm to 9:30 pm aide for Preschool, Stargazers)
NOTES FROM THE KITCHEN
Our Cook, Ms. Prudence, plans and implements all our meals following the Department of Early Childhood Licensing guidelines. We balance a high fiber, low sugar and salt diet with foods that will appeal to young children.
- We are now partnering with Klesick Farms, a small, family-owned local business that grows, sources and delivers fresh, nutrient-rich and GMO-free organic produce and groceries each week to provide our produce.
- Families attending can also purchase and pick up their own assorted boxes at the end of the day call Tristan@klesickfarms.com (360)652-Good
- We purchase organic eggs.
- Breakfast and snacks all include two of the four food groups.
- Breakfast is served at 7:35, and cleared up at 7:45.
- Lunch consists of all four food groups (grain, protein, fruit/vegetable, and dairy).
- Menus are rotated on a six week basis.
- We have eliminated known GMO foods, Hydrogenated Oils, and High Fructose Corn Syrup from our foods.
- Each week contains 1-2 vegetarian meals.
We buy as much organic food as we can afford.
Milk & yogurt that is RBST free. 1 to 2 years Homogenized and 2 to 5 years 1% Milk Fat.
- Carrots, Apples and the dirty dozen are organic and as much as we can find and afford. (Apples, Strawberries, Grapes, Celery, Peaches, Spinach, Sweet bell peppers, Nectarines, Cucumbers, Cherry tomatoes, Snap peas, Potatoes).
Parents can choose organic soy milk or coconut milk and coconut yogurt as an alternative to cow’s milk for a monthly fee.
- We work hard to limit lunches to no more than one processed food item for lunch per week.
- Most meal items are made from scratch with whole grains and fresh fruits and vegetables.
- We do use some canned and frozen fruits and vegetables, packed in their own juice, to add variety during the winter months.
- The Shyne School does not serve tree nuts or peanuts.
- We are able to make most substitutions for allergies or dietary restrictions. We ask parents to supplement with food from home if we do not have an easy substitution.
- We follow the American pediatrics recommendations such as very little juice and making adjustments and substitutions for our youngest eaters. https://www.healthychildren.org/English/ages-stages/gradeschool/nutrition/Pages/Making-Healthy-Food-Choices.aspx
- Children must be eating solid foods and drinking fluids to attend.
- We make substitutions for our Waddler, Dewdrop class for foods they are not ready to eat as a group. We steam vegetables, do not serve popcorn, cut the food into small sizes and peel fruit for them.
- We post allergies and dietary restrictions in each classroom. It is up to parents to update the school and work with the cook to make substitutions.
We make baked goods in house and we use whole grains and honey, molasses and other natural sweeteners to replace sugar. Our goal is to serve a low sugar diet.
Each classroom has a fresh pitcher of water with cups, fountain or drinking sink devoted to children having access to water all day long.
Please contact the firstname.lastname@example.org with additional questions.