ADDITIONAL RECOMMENDED RESOURCES:
1) Letter from Shyne School Director, Katrina Brooke
2) Public Health
For information on your child’s health, communicable disease or Immunization:
Certificate of Immunization Status (CIS) Changes
- We encourage all users to generate the CIS from the IIS and print it to access your child’s CIS through MyIR. Parents can also email or call our office to get a copy of their child’s CIS at WAIISRecords@doh.wa.gov or 1-866-397-0337.
3) Family Fun
Find ideas for crafts, vacations, party’s and more:
4) National Association for the Education of Young Children
Promoting excellence in early childhood education. Whether you are looking for a quality child care program, preschool, or school for your child, or you are interested in activities you can do at home to encourage your childs development, NAEYC can help!
5) Scholastic Parents
We are your early childhood parenting partner! Find ideas for activities and development, expert advice, parenting tips, and much more!
6) Northshore School District
For Only and Plus students we follow Northshore School District breaks.
7) Kindering Center
Helping Infants and Toddlers with special needs:
8) Child Find
For the Northshore School District
- Or call: 425-408-5570
9) Child Find
For the Lake WA School District
10) The Center on the Social and Emotional Foundations for Early Learning (CSEFEL) is focused on promoting the social emotional development and school readiness of young children birth to age 5. CSEFEL is a national resource center funded by the Office of Head Start and Child Care Bureau for disseminating research and evidence-based practices to early childhood programs across the country.
11) The Technical Assistance Center on Social Emotional Intervention for Young Children (TACSEI) takes the research that shows which practices improve the social-emotional outcomes for young children with, or at risk for, delays or disabilities and creates FREE products and resources to help decision-makers, caregivers, and service providers apply these best practices in the work they do every day. Most of these free products are available right here on our website for you to immediately view, download and use.
12) Conscious Discipline for Parents In a sea of self-help and parenting books, Conscious Discipline provides a proven and comprehensive approach that will improve both your life and the lives of your children. It empowers you with the self-awareness, brain information, developmental knowledge and useable skills necessary to create safe, connected, problem-solving homes.
Taken from Annual Parent Survey
“It seems like the teachers and kids definitely form a bond – it’s nice to see that is possible with so many kids within one class.” and “Our experience has been great – great staff, nurturing environment with plenty of activities and learning opportunities.” -2013-14 Respondent #11
“I want to commend Katrina and the Dewdrops teachers for working with us to ease our son with his transition to school. We knew it would be tough and appreciated the feedback and ideas suggested to make it a successful transition!” – 2013-14 Respondent #19
How likely are you to recommend this school to other families? 100% Extremely Likely 2013-14
“It’s hard to choose a “best part”. Our daughter enjoyed the entire year, but warm weather on the playground & in the woods were on the top of the list.” I felt comfortable with the supervision, teaching and parent child interactions such as… “…providing the extra attention to a child who might be having a tough time in the classroom on a particular day, resolving differences between the youngsters, bringing such a great variety of subjects and activities to the hungry minds…” I loved taking part in ……… “Field trips, volunteering, lunch, playground chaos, art activities, ladybug releases, and talking with all the enthusiastic youngsters and friendly staff.. ” 2012-13 Respondent #32
The best part of this year was…. “mother’s day tea” 2012-13 Respondent #31
The best part of this year was…. “Teacher Katy!” I loved taking part in ……… “Reading a story to the class, sharing a song, playing in the woods, brining baked treats and attending a field trip.” 2012-13 Respondent #29
The best part of this year was…. “Knowing my child was in excellent, consistent hands while transitions in my home were taking place.” I loved taking part in ……… “Field Trips! Volunteering when I could. Teacher Appreciation Week” 2012-13 Respondent #24
The best part of this year was…. “All classroom parties were great, as well as end of the year picnic” I loved taking part in ……… Sharing our family’s holiday traditions” 2012-13 Respondent #18
The best part of this year was…. “The hard work and planning on the teachers part really pays off and shows. My kids always have great days.” 2012-13 Respondent #16
The best part of this year was….” T. wanted to come to Shyne, he loved it there.” I felt comfortable with the supervision, teaching and parent child interactions such as…” T. was always treated with love, patience and kindness.” I loved taking part in ……… “the Father’s Day picnic is brilliant ” 2012-13 Respondent #10
How likely are you to recommend this school to other families? 93.65% Extremely Likely 2012-13
More Early Childhood Health and Wellness Resources
Children with Special Health Needs
Rescue Medication and Seizure Emergency Planning in Education Settings
Cultural and Linguistic Responsiveness
Bringing Tribal Foods and Traditions into Cafeterias, Classrooms, And Gardens
Hispanic Children’s Participation in Early Care and Education
Health Literacy/Family Education
The Family Dinner Project promotes food, fun and conversation about things that matter at home.
Managing Health Services
Expulsion and Suspension Policy Statement Information Memorandum
Mental Health and Wellness
Facilitating Change: Conversations That Help
Policy Statement On Expulsion and Suspension Policies In Early Childhood Settings
New and Expectant Families
Nutrition and marketing of baby and toddler food and drinks
Pregnant Women & Influenza
Nutrition and Physical Activity
Food Insecurity Nutrition Incentive (FINI) Find retail food stores offering incentives for fruits and vegetables near you.
Food Buying Guide Calculator for Child Nutrition Programs
Recipes for Healthy Kids: Cookbook for Child Care Centers
Oral Health and Wellness
Case Management in Head Start October issue of Brush Up on Oral Health
Physical Health and Wellness
Vision Screening: A Fact Sheet for Early Care and Education Programs NOW AVAILABLE IN SPANISH
Transforming the Workforce for Children Birth Through Age 8 archived webinar
Safety and Injury Prevention
Prevent Carbon Monoxide (CO) Poisoning
Media and Young Minds